Sunday, July 02, 2006

Los Amigos H.S. 20th Class Reunion

It's been 20 years. So, last week, a nice-casual, wedding reception-styled, reunion was set up for the classes of 1980-1986, since my class alone wouldn't have been able to pull it off for an acceptable price per person by itself. Hence, my older sister, Angela ['81] was there, as well. Cool, but kinda strange.

Outta the 450 or so people, about 50 were from my class. Most were from '80-'81, it seemed. Hell, the classes of '80, '81 & '82 were long gone before I was even a freshman, so I knew exactly two of them. My sister and her friend next door, Tanza. [Oh, and Joe McGinley's brother, Frank, too.]

Was a very good time. Great to see old friends. Ed Enzmann stands out. I'll be emailing him very soon, so that it won't be 2016 before we speak again.

Was also great to see Joe McGinley, Vince & Chris Bonham, Mike Gonzales and his wife, Amanda [formerly: Devine.], among many others. Too many to name. Party ended at 1:30am, but I stayed 'til about 3:30am with about a hundred others in the hotel, to keep it going. [The last left around 4:30am, I heard.]

And of course, my long-time friends, Jason & Holly Reed, and Gary Gonzales were there. Always great to see them. I love 'em.

So, as I said, it was a good time. But I can't help wondering that it would've been even better with just the class of '86. The 10 yr reunion was fantastic 'cause we all knew each other. And not so much dancing, we mostly just talked and caught up. [Then again, now at this age, most have kids and a night out of dancing is a rare treat.]

Here's to old friends, long-lost friends, & life-long friends. I'm a lucky guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home